Can't get enough Seed Swapping?
Winter is seed swap time! We'll post information on other area seed swaps as we gather it, including those sponsored by the King County Seed Lending Library.
How to participate:
- Share only seeds of edible plants that your fellow gardeners would grow from seed, such as annual vegetables, herbs and edible flowers.
- If donating packaged seed, it should be organic or open-pollinated, plant types that will produce seed true to the stated variety. Heirlooms are by definition open-pollinated.
- If donating home-saved seed, please winnow and clean it off the stems or stalks as much as possible and bring only the seed.
- If you can’t clean it in advance, plan to spend some time cleaning it the swap. Some swaps will have screens and buckets available.
- All shared seed should be fresh, within three years of purchase or saving.
- Label all seed donations with seed type, variety if known, and year it was grown/saved.
- Bring envelopes and a pen to store and label your new seeds.